A great BBQ condiment, this relish combines tomatoes, peppers and onions, and is seasoned with cider vinegar, pickling spice, lemon herb and celery salt.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 3 cups Chopped frozen peppers
- 2/3 cup Frozen onions
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 3/4 cup Tomato
- 2 tsps Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Pickling spice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon herb seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Celery salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form the pepper relish (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat relish to a simmer, constantly stirring until mixture thickens. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until entire mixture is hot.
- Transfer relish mixture to a storage container, let cool, and refrigerate.
- Each 3/4 cup of Zoned Pepper Relish contains 9 grams of carbohydrate, a small amount protein and no fat.
- This recipe is used as a component of other Zone recipes.