Spice up a salad with a vinegar and Worcestershire sauce-based dressing with Garbanzo beans, and spices ranging from chili powder, to parsley, to tarragon.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 1 1/2 cups Onion - finely minced
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo beans - canned, minced
- 8 tsp Corn starch
- 1/8 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery salt
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- 1 tsp Dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dried tarragon
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form a thickened dressing. (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat dressing to a simmer, constantly stirring until mixture thickens.
- Transfer dressing mixture to a storage container, let cool, and refrigerate.
- This dressing may be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or if you prefer, the dressing may be frozen and defrosted for later use. Although the dressing is freeze-thaw stable, after dressing has been frozen and defrosted it may need to be stirred to reincorporate the small amount of moisture that forms on the dressing during the freezing and thawing process.
- Each 1/4 cup of Zoned Herb Dressing contains 5 grams of carbohydrate, 1g protein . There are no fat blocks in this sauce recipe. This recipe is used as a component in other Zone Recipes.