A tasty way to work tofu into your diet, with this veggie filled frittata recipe.
- 1/4 cup Shallots
- 1 cup Chopped onions
- 4 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus cooking spray
- 3 cups Sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz Tofu, firm
- 2 cups Egg Beaters-Whites
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil
- 2 oz Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced roasted red peppers
- 3 cups Fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Salsa
- 3 cups Peaches - sliced for dessert
- 1 cup Blueberries - for dessert with peaches
Total Fat 11g
- Sauté shallots and onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Puree tofu in blender or food processor.
- Add egg whites, salt and pepper. Stir in 1 teaspoon olive oil and all the other ingredients (except peaches and blueberries).
- Place in a 12″ quiche-type pan spread with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with 1/4 cup salsa.
- Have peaches and blueberries for dessert. Mash them up a little.