Unique flavors from grapefruit and apple make the shrimp salad have a great sweet and sour taste.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 7 oz Shrimp - peeled
- 2 Grapefruits - divided
- 2 cups Zucchini - cut into thin julienne strips(or Zoodles)
- 1/3 cup cooked steel-cut oats
- 1 cup Apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 10g
- In a saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over a high heat.
- Sauté the shrimp and moisten them with the juice of one-half grapefruit. When the juice is cooked off, set aside the shrimp.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil, zucchini, salt and pepper and cook until the zucchini is crisp tender.
- After 1 minute add the steel-cut oats to warm up.
- Halve the other grapefruit, remove the slices and peel them.
- Plate the shrimp, tomatoes, zucchini, oats, diced apple, and the peeled grapefruit slices.
- Whisk the remaining half of grapefruit juice with the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the salad with the sauce, stirring gently.