Sushi Roll with Sauce
This delicious Zone take on sushi makes for a healthy meal utilizing the super sea vegetable, seaweed. There is no fish in the recipe, the protein comes from the Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Vegetarian, Snacks / Sides
- 3 Tbsp Zone PastaRx Orzo (cooked)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber (seeded, in fine strips)
- 3 Tbsp Carrot (grated)
- 1 Nori Sheet
- 1 Tbsp Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- To Taste Splenda
- 1 Tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Root (grated)(or 1/3 tsp ground)
Serving Size 1
Total Fat 4g
- Prepare Zone Orzo according to package directions. Let drain a good while in a strainer.
- Meanwhile, grate 3 tablespoons of carrot and cut cucumber into long thin strips, set aside.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Whisk the cream cheese, vinegar and Splenda together in a small bowl.
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the orzo as you can by rolling in a linen towel or paper towel.
- Stir the cooked orzo into cream cheese bowl until well incorporated.
- Lay the nori sheet on a bamboo mat or clean linen towel. Spread the orzo mixture over the nori leaving ½ inch around 3 edges and a 2 inch strip along the edge farthest from you. (This may take some practice.)
- Lay the cucumber strips on the orzo at the edge nearest you. Make a row of grated carrots next to them. Moisten the far edge of nori with finger dipped in water and roll tightly.
- Place seam side down. Slice the roll into 6 pieces with a moist knife to prevent sticking.