Vegetarian or not, you’ll love these stuffed peppers full of flavor and ingredients that will satisfy your stomach and taste buds.
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion - diced fine
- 4 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup Mushrooms - diced fine
- 1/4 cup Kidney Beans - Light Red, BUSH'S
- 1 cup Red bell pepper - diced fine
- 4 Egg whites
- 9 oz Firm tofu
- 2 tsps Hot curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp Celery salt
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Hot sauce - or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- 4 Bell peppers
- 1 /2 Grapes, shared
Total Fat 13g
- In nonstick sauté pan, add oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, kidney beans and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, then remove from heat and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, place cooked vegetable mixture, eggs, tofu, spices and hot sauce. Mix well until all ingredients have been combined.
- Cut the stem top off the bell peppers and remove the seeds inside. Also if necessary, cut a little off the bottom of the pepper to allow the green pepper to stand still without moving.
- Stuff green peppers with tofu vegetable mixture and place in baking dish. If there is any vegetable mixture left over, place around green peppers.
- Tightly seal baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for one hour.
- Remove baking dish from oven and place two stuffed peppers on each lunch plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Have a few grapes for dessert.