Cook the striped bass on the grill or in the oven. Either way with the soy ginger asparagus, you will have an appetizing meal full of great flavor.
- 4 Tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice - divided
- 4 Tbsp Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Ginger root
- 1 Tbsp Dried ginger
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 (4 oz) Bass fillets
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 2 lb Summer squash - yellow & zucchini cut lengthwise
- 2 Tomatoes - cut in half
- 4 Apples
- In a blender, combine soy sauce, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock, fresh and powdered ginger, and red pepper flakes and blend to combine.
- With the machine running, slowly, pour in olive oil and continue blending until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Spread asparagus and summer squash on a rimmed pan, pour half the marinade over it, and toss to coat. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct high heat grilling (450° to 550°. You can hold your hand 5 inches above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds).
- Rinse fish; pat dry.
- Season on both sides with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over fish.
- When grill is ready, lightly oil the cooking grate and put fish on grate skin side down. Grill 3 minutes, then turn and continue grilling until fish is no longer translucent inside (cut to test) 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a clean plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Grill asparagus spears, yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes, turning once or twice, until tender and browned, about 5 to 6 minutes (don’t turn the tomatoes).
- Divide fish among 4 plates and top each with several asparagus spears.
- Use a spoon to drizzle some of the reserved marinade over the whole plate.
- Enjoy an apple for dessert.
- Inside cooking: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle striped bass fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.