A Zone Pasta take on a classic pesto recipe, the fusilli makes it delicious. The blender works just fine with these ingredients and makes clean-up easier.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 2 cup Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves - packed
- 1 clove Garlic - peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 Tbsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tomatoes - cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 oz Polly-o fat free mozzarella
- 6 leaves Basil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Prepare Zone pasta as directed. Drain, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid, put fusilli back into pan.
- Stir chopped tomatoes into pan with fusilli with 2 tablespoons of warm reserved pasta water, cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, basil, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of reserved pasta water and olive oil into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, add more reserved pasta water if desired and toss with cooked fusilli.
- Serve immediately topped with cheese and basil.