Choose clam juice or chicken stock to make this stew stick out from the rest.
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Garlic
- 1/3 cup Roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Clam juice or 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Green beans, French cut
- 8 oz Birds Eye frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans, canned - rinsed/drained
- 5 oz Fresh haddock
- 2 oz Raw uncooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Strawberries
Total Fat 10g
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the garlic and peppers about 1 minute.
- Add the thyme, paprika, saffron, salt and pepper. Cook on medium high for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from burning.
- Add the stock or clam juice, white wine, bay leaf, and bring to a boil for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, string beans, artichoke hearts, and garbanzo beans. Cook for another minute on high.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the haddock, pushing it carefully under the ingredients in the pan. Cover the pan and let cook about two minutes.
- Uncover and carefully flip the haddock and add shrimp. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the haddock is flaky and fully cooked, and the shrimp is pink.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Enjoy 1/2 cup strawberries each.