Serve this supreme spaghetti squash and turkey meal in the shell or on a plate. Either way, enjoy it with mushrooms, tomato sauce, and a fresh salad on the side.
- 3 cups Cooked spaghetti squash - 3 pound squash
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 oz Ground turkey breast
- 1 cup Fresh chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups Tomato sauce - garlic spaghetti sauce (look for one with a low sugar count)
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic - pressed
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
- 3 tbsps Mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim milk >measurable shredded
- Parsley - or cilantro (if desired)
- 4 cups Baby spinach - Fresh Express Italian Salad blend
- 3 cups Olivias Organics herb salad - (or substitute 7 cups of mixed green if desire)
- 3 tbsps Fat-Free Piquant Dressing
- 10 Black olives
- 6 Pepperoncini peppers
- Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and place split side down in baking dish. Cook for 35-40 minutes at 350°F in preheated oven.
- While the squash is baking, prepare ground turkey in skillet.
- Then add mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and garlic. Cook until thickened.
- Turn the squash over, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella cheese.
- If desired turn on the broiler to lightly brown the surface.
- Can be served in the shell or easily scooped and arranged nicely on a plate.
- Sprinkle with Cilantro or parsley for color and flavor.
- Serve with salad blend and Fat-Free Piquant Dressing, a few sliced black olives and pepperoncinis.
The squash will break apart like angel hair pasta.