Squash replaces pasta with a healthier take on the traditional shrimp scampi recipe.
- 2 1/2 lbs Spaghetti squash - cooked
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic - pressed
- 1 cup Dry white wine - (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced tomatoes - drained
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb Medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 (10 oz) package Baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Fresh tarragon - chopped or 1 tsp dried
Total Fat 11g
- Cook the spaghetti squash.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Poke holes with a knife and place on cookie sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Spoon the spaghetti squash into a serving dish or divide among plates.
- Top with the scampi and sprinkle with the tarragon.