Serve this shrimp and vegetable salad immediately or cover and chill it for later.
- 3 cups College Inn Light and Fat Free Chicken broth
- 10 oz Raw shrimp - peeled (medium to large)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 40 Asparagus spears - bottom 1 to 2-inches snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Red onion - cut into rings
- Ice cold water
- 20 Sun-dried tomatoes- packed in olive oil and drained, and thinly sliced
- 1 (15-oz) can Cannellini beans, Bush's
- 2 oz Low-fat feta - coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup Capers - drained
- 1/3 cup Fresh squeezed lemon juice - 1-2 lemons
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps Dried, crumbled basil - or 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 Garlic cloves - finely minced or pressed
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 11g
- Bring broth to boil in large saucepan or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium low and immediately add shrimp.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, uncover, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Bring water to boil in 3-quart saucepan fitted with collapsible metal steamer or pasta insert.
- Add asparagus spears, then tips, then onions. Cover and steam until just tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on size.
- Plunge vegetables in bowl of ice water, then drain well and transfer to large salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes, beans, cheese, and capers to bowl with asparagus. Drain the cooked shrimp and add to the bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients, stir, and pour over salad.
- Toss to coat, then divide between 4 large serving plates and serve immediately or cover and chill for 1-4 hours.