Shrimp and pepper are threaded on skewer with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic marinade.
- 3 tbsps Water
- 2 tbsps Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger root - peeled and minced
- 1 clove Garlic - pressed
- 12 oz Jumbo shrimp
- 1 Red bell pepper - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Lime - cut into wedges
- Broccoli and Sauce:
- 2 lbs Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tbsps Seasoned rice vinegar - (unseasoned will work)
- 2 1/2 tbsps Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 4 Oranges
Total Fat 11g
- To prepare marinade, combine first 7 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- While the shrimp is marinating, separate broccoli into stems and florets. Peel and chop stems.
- Whisk peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and ginger well in a small bowl.
- Remove shrimp and bell pepper from bag; thread shrimp and bell pepper onto each of 4 skewers.
- Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Steam broccoli in a steamer over boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the broccoli with peanut sauce and offer lime wedges on the side for the shrimp.
- Have an orange.