Shake and Bake Zucchini Fries
These crispy zucchini fries dipped in warm tomato sauce are the perfect comfort-food snack for when your cravings hit.
This recipe is as fun to eat as it is easy to make. You’ll need 3 baggies or covered containers for shaking. Almond meal (a.k.a. almond flour) is available in the grocery store health food aisle.
Categories: Vegetarian, Snacks / Sides
- 3 Baggies
- 1/2 lb Zucchini (cut into 3-4 inch sticks)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Almond meal (divided)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Flour (divided)
- 1 tbsps Parmesan (finely grated)
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsps Egg beaters-whites
- 1 tbsps 1% milk
- Cooking spray (Pam olive oil)
- 1/3 cup Tomato sauce (warmed)
Serving Size 1 serving
Total Fat 4g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve each zucchini lengthwise, cut each piece in thirds (6 long pieces) and cut those in half (12 short pieces).
- To baggie #1: Add half the almond meal and half the flour.
- To baggie #2: Add half the almond meal, half the flour, the finely grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste
- To baggie #3: First use a fork to beat the egg whites and milk in a small bowl. Then put in baggie.
- Add half the zucchini sticks to baggie #1. Shake, then repeat with other half.
- Transfer zucchini sticks to Baggie #3 and shake.
- Transfer zucchini sticks to Baggie #2 and shake.
- Place coated zucchini sticks on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Spray with Pam olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of warm tomato sauce for dipping.