Quick recipe with mouthwatering scallops in the end. Add shrimp or other seafood to make it even better.
- 1 1/2 tsps Butter
- 4 1/2 oz Sea scallops
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 stalks Celery - finely diced
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 Green apple - cored but not peeled, finely diced
- 1 Carrot - small, grated
- 1/2 tsp Freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom - fresh (pinch)
- 1 tbsp Walnuts - crushed
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Total Fat 11g
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium sauté pan.
- Add scallops (sprinkled with salt and pepper) and sauté until cooked; set aside.
- Braise celery in vegetable broth until almost cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine and heat through.
- Put the scallops back in until warm, about 2 minutes.