Using turkey bacon keeps this recipe in the Zone and makes the scallops and salad taste amazing.
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Large sea scallops - (about 12)
- 3/8 tsp Kosher salt - divided
- 1/8 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices Louis Rich turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup Sliced shallots
- 2 Garlic cloves - thinly sliced
- 3 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 8 oz Trimmed watercress
- 1 Asparagus Artichoke Salad - (see recipe in sides and snacks)
- 2 Apples - shared
Total Fat 10g
- Heat a large cooking-oil-sprayed, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle both sides of scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add scallops to pan and cook 3 minutes or until done, turning after 2 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and crumble. Discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings.
- Add shallots and garlic to drippings in pan and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth to pan and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and watercress to pan and cook for 30 seconds or until greens begin to wilt.
- Evenly divide scallops and watercress among each of 4 plates.
- Sprinkle servings evenly with bacon.
- Enjoy 1/2 apple.