Orzo Rice Pilaf Side
Zone PastaRX Orzo has remarkable flavor that will make it hard to distinguish this side dish from traditional rice pilaf, but this recipe will help you lose fat.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Vegetarian, Snacks / Sides
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped onion
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- to taste Salt & pepper
Total Fat 4g
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for a minute or so.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and continue to cook until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff “rice” gently with fork before serving.