Simple shrimp and vegetable dinner with no chopping!
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 4 tbsps Low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsps Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic - rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) bag Birds Eye sugar snap stir fry vegetables - thawed
- 1/2 cup Canned water chestnuts - drained, sliced
- 8 oz Large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 12 Dry roasted peanuts – crushed
- 1 Apple
Total Fat 12g
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce and cornstarch for sauce ingredients. Blend well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat half the oil.
- Add the garlic, vegetables and water chestnuts and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the sauce into the shrimp-vegetable mixture and heat on high until bubbly.
- Divide between two plates, add apples and top with peanuts.