This Valencian orzo, shrimp and chicken Paella is complete with tomato and red pepper, and flavored with saffron, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Zone PastaRx, Dinner
- 1 (8oz) can Crushed tomato
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken stock (unsalted, Kitchen Basics brand)
- 2 pinches Saffron
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 oz Chicken breast (cooked, chopped)
- 10 Shrimp (1oz)(canned & drained, these small shrimp weigh just 8 grams)
- 1 Red bell pepper (cut julienne style)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
Serving Size 2 servings
Total Fat 11g
- In a bowl, blend the tomatoes with stick blender, add the chicken stock and saffron and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add minced garlic and orzo, stirring until the orzo is golden.
- Stir in the tomato broth, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cover add chicken, shrimp, and julienned red pepper and stir until slightly soupy.
- Remove from heat add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.