Here is a Zone chicken stew recipe, perfect for those days when the weather outside is frightful.
- 3 oz Boneless chicken breast - diced
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/2 cup Onions - chopped
- 3 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsps Water
- 1/2 cup Mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp Orange extract
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts - frozen
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Total Fat 13g
- In a medium sauté pan heat 1/2 teaspoon oil. Add chicken, vinegar, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- In a second sauté pan heat remaining oil and sauté onion and mushrooms until they soften. Add orange juice, water, and mandarin oranges to the first pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Place mushroom mixture in a serving bowl and top with chicken mixture.
- Prepare Brussels sprouts as directed by package, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.