Our Enchilada Pasta combines Tex-Mex flavors combined with our hearty Orzo PastaRx for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1 can (19 oz.) Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese (low-fat, shredded)
- 1/2 cup Scallions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Black Olives (sliced)
Serving Size 6
Total Fat 12 grams
Sodium 960 mg
Carbohydrates 34 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Sugar 4 grams
Protein 26 grams
- Heat large skillet pan with olive oil, on medium.
- Sauté yellow pepper, onion and garlic 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- Add ground turkey breast. Cook until golden.
- Add taco seasoning, chicken broth, enchilada sauce and Zone PastaRx Orzo.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer in covered pan 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, stirring until sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Serve each bowl with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese and scallions, and 2 teaspoons of black olives.