Lots of vegetables are used instead of beans in this Zone turkey chili.
- 12 oz Ground turkey breast
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Celery - chopped
- 3 Green bell peppers - chopped
- 2 cups Onion - chopped/dried
- 5 cups Mushroom - chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley - chopped, or cilantro
- 1 packet El Paso chili seasoning mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes - with juice
- 15 oz Tomato sauce
- 8 oz Tomato puree
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra virgin olive oil - drizzle
Total Fat 12g
- Brown turkey in 1 tbsp oil on medium heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the rest of the extra virgin olive oil. If lacking liquid, add water in ¼ cup increments.
- Cook an hour or longer.
- Divide into 4 serving bowls and stir 1 1/2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil into each.