Kale and Bean Soup with Turkey Sausage
A nice way to use kale in this hearty turkey sausage and bean soup.
- 4 links Al fresco chipotle chorizo turkey sausage - cut in half lengthwise, then 1
- 4 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic – pressed
- 2 cups Onion - chopped
- 1 cups Mushrooms - chopped
- 4 cups Fresh Kale chopped
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (15 oz) can Cannellini beans canned - (or any other cooked beans)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes - (or 1 1/2 cups fresh)
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serving Size 352
Total Fat 12g
- Slice sausage into half-moon, bite-sized slices.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté these ingredients until soft.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, sliced sausage, and 1 cup of beans, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a blender to mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
- Mix into soup to thicken.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.