Italian Beef with Lentils
Try to find ground beef that is less than 10 percent fat to ensure you have lean beef with your lentils to keep it healthy and in the Zone.
- 1/2 cup Onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery - chopped
- 2 Bay leaves - 2 leaves
- 1 1/3 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 oz Lean ground beef
- 2 cloves Garlic - crushed
- 1 cup Canned lentils - low sodium (or dried cooked)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes - (or 3 chopped tomatoes)
- Italian seasoning - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 Apple
Total Fat 12g
- Sauté the onion, celery and bay leaves in the extra virgin olive oil until the leaves become fragrant and the onions start becoming translucent.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Continue cooking over low to medium heat until the beef is browned.
- Add the lentils and tomatoes. Continue cooking until lentils are heated through.
- Add seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (about 1 1/2 tsps).
- Divide into 2 portions.
- Have an apple for dessert.