Indian Shrimp with Apples and Yogurt
Served on a bed of romaine this shrimp recipe is perfect for a tasty Zone dinner or lunch.
- 4 oz Small shrimp - shelled and deveined
- 1/8 tsp Fresh gingerroot - minced
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce - to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsps Cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/2 cup Onion - minced
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce - torn
Total Fat 11g
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan.
- Add shrimp and spices. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a second sauté pan heat the cider vinegar, yogurt, apple and onion.
- When heated through, add shrimp mixture. Stir to mix.
- Form a bed of romaine on a serving plate and top with shrimp mixture.