Asparagus combines well with the other ingredients and gives a strong form to the cottage cheese dish.
- 3/4 cup Lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup Cooked asparagus - cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsps Fresh basil finely chopped - finely chopped
- 1 Peach - sliced
- 1/2 cup Strawberries - sliced
- 3 tbsps Fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce - roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 11g
- Cut the asparagus and place in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cover with lid and microwave on high power for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until asparagus is tender. Let cool.
- Combine cottage cheese, asparagus, oil, oregano, basil, parsley and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine peach slices and strawberries to form a fruit salad.
- Place the herbed cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce, place the fruit around the cottage cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.