A good way to use your garden’s bounty to accompany the Halibut.
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp Dried lemon peel
- 1/2 tbsp Rosemary leaves - crushed
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Onions - chopped
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- 2 Bell peppers - chopped (different colors look nice)
- 2 Zucchini - trimmed and cubed
- 1 lb Eggplant - trimmed and cubed
- 2 Ripe tomatoes - cut in chunks
- 3 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - drizzle
- 7 oz Halibut
Total Fat 11g
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together for a wet rub for the fish.
- Set aside in the refrigerator (can be made the night before).
- Sauté the onions in oil in large Dutch oven.
- Add ingredients in the order listed, letting each one cook a bit before adding the next. Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add basil and garlic about 15 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Before you preheat the grill, make sure to oil the grate. Preheat the grill.
- Rub the fish with wet rub and cook for about 6 minutes, turning at 3 minutes. (If flakes easily with fork, it’s done.)
- Drizzle the veggies with extra virgin olive oil when you serve them.