Turkey is the crowning glory of Thanksgiving Day. The day after that it’s fun to feast on leftovers. Try this recipe for a healthier leftover turkey meal, with great flavors from the mandarin oranges, peaches, and turmeric.
- 3 oz Cooked turkey breast - cubed
- 1 cup Celery - finely sliced
- 3/4 cup Red onion - finely sliced
- 2 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Zoned French Dressing
- 1 Peach - pitted and cut in 1/2
- 1/3 cup Mandarin oranges canned - in water
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint - chopped
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce - torn
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- In a salad bowl, combine turkey, celery, onion, oil, Zoned French Dressing, peach, oranges, turmeric and mint. Toss lightly to coat.
- On a plate, place lettuce and spinach, top with turkey mixture and serve.