Broccoli may be added steamed or raw to have more vegetables with the grilled shrimp.
- 1 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 8 oz Cooked shrimp
- 1 Pear - core and cut into 1/2
- 1/4 cup Fresh squeezed lemon juice - 2 lemons
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce - or green leaf, torn
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Kidney beans - reduced sodium, Bush's - drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Tomato - sliced
- 4 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - with vinegar to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
Total Fat 11g
- Steam the broccoli until just tender or leave raw.
- Cut pear into a small bowl, pour in lemon juice and stir.
- Cover all surfaces of the pear with lemon juice.
- Mix vegetables and lemon-soaked pear together in a bowl large enough to hold everything, reserving the lemon juice. In the bowl with the lemon juice slowly whisk in olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Pour over lettuce and toss.
- Put shrimp on top.