The chicken sausage and veggies are perfect for a healthier barbecue.
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 4 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice - 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Red bell peppers - cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups Red onion - cut in half
- 2 cups Zucchini - ends cut off, cut length wise
- 2 cups Summer squash - ends cut off, cut length wise
- 3 links Al fresco sweet Italian chicken sausage - sliced 1/2 inch thick (or smoked sausage of choice)
- 1 Apple
Total Fat 11g
- Preheat grill.
- Give cut vegetables a spray of olive oil cooking spray.
- Combine vegetable stock, salt and pepper, and lemon juice in large bowl and add vegetables. Stir to coat
- Use olive oil cooking spray on a “grill topper” with small holes. Otherwise, place right on grill rack.
- Place on grill to heat for a minute before placing food on it.
- Spray veggies with cooking spray then add sliced sausage to heated grill topper.
- Turn often for about 5-7 minutes or until desired char.