Great for a barbecue, everyone will love these chicken and veggie kabobs with the tasty horseradish slaw.
- 1/4 cup Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Agave nectar
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cloves Garlic - or the whole head
- 2 lbs Zucchini - cut in 1-inch rounds
- 6 Onions - quartered
- 4 Red bell peppers cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 Tomatoes - quartered or bite sized
- 2 lbs Mushrooms - whole
- 8 servings Horseradish Slaw (see recipe in sides and snacks)
- 4 cups Strawberries
Total Fat 11g
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, agave nectar, soy sauce, stock, and pepper.
- Cut chicken into one-inch cubes.
- Before adding chicken, set aside 1/4 to 1/3 cup of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the zip-lock bags and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, (overnight is fine) turning several times.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers; discard marinade.
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.