Grill or cook in the oven, either way the asparagus and artichokes will taste great together in this Zone salad.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 1/2 Red onion - thinly sliced
- 3 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Cooking spray, olive oil
- 1 lb Thick asparagus - rinsed, tough ends discarded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 (14-oz) can Artichoke hearts canned - quartered, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Soak the sliced onions in the lemon juice as you get ready to make the rest of the salad.
- To grill the asparagus, prepare your grill for high direct heat.
- Spray the asparagus with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill until nicely charred and fork tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Cool and cut at an angle into 1-inch pieces.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- To roast the asparagus, preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat the asparagus spears with olive oil cooking spray and salt well. Place in a single layer in a foil-lined roasting pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and fork tender.
- 1 serving is 9g carbs and 3g fat (or 1C,1F).