Green Pork Chili
Make sure pork is very lean for this spicy Spanish chili.
- 1 1/2 cups Red onion - chopped
- 3 cups Tomatoes - chopped
- 2 Jalapeño peppers
- 3 tsps Garlic - minced
- 2 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - (divided)
- 9 oz Pork shoulder - (very lean), cut in 1 inch cubes
- 5 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 cup Black beans, Bush's
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro - minced, or to taste
Total Fat 12g
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the red onions, tomatillos, jalapeños, and garlic with 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast until soft, about 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- In a large Dutch oven, add the remaining oil and brown the cubed pork shoulder in batches.
- When browned, turn the heat down and add the roasted vegetables and stock.
- Cook until tender, 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir the beans in for the last 15 minutes.
- Garnish with minced cilantro.