This is excellent, nutritious soup and also surprisingly good for breakfast.
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Parsley - flat or Italian
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes - chopped
- 1/2 Fennel bulb - chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots - chopped
- 5 cups Green cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup Swiss chard - chopped
- 4 stalks Celery - chopped
- 2 Jalapeno peppers - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Yellow onion - chopped
- 3 Green onions - chopped
- 6 oz Ground turkey breast
- 4 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 11g
- Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven or large soup pan
- Bring to a boil, lower temperature and simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- Seasonings: 1 or more teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander, several strands of saffron, salt and pepper to taste.