This shrimp Gazpacho has a kick and a crunch.
- 1 lb Tomatoes - vine ripe, roughly chopped
- 2 Cucumbers - large, chopped (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 2 Red peppers - seeded, chopped (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato juice - (or low sodium V-8)
- 2 Scallions - chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper - chopped (Like less spice, remove most of the seeds and white membrane)
- 1 clove Garlic - chopped
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 oz Cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil - thin sliced (or cilantro)
Total Fat 10g
- Place tomatoes, cucumbers, and red peppers in a food processor or blender; add in tomato juice, scallions, Jalapeno pepper, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Do not puree completely. The soup should have a little crunch. If you blend too long, you’ll have a bowl of foam!
- Place chunky pureed soup in a serving bowl or pitcher and chill before serving.
- Just before serving drop in the shrimp which have had the shells removed.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves or cilantro or a few tablespoons of minced cucumbers and red peppers.