Roasted tomatoes, asparagus and shrimp make a delicious topping for our Zone PastaRx.
- Cooking spray - olive oil Pam
- 2 Roma tomatoes - cut in half, cut side up
- 3 cloves Garlic - leave skin on
- 1 1/2 cup Thin asparagus - trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths (or larger stalks, peeled and halved lengthwise before cutting)
- 3 Large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Thyme
- to taste Salt and pepper
Total Fat 11g
- Set oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 375°F.
- In a roasting pan, spray tomatoes and garlic (with skin/paper on) with Pam and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are wrinkled and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare Zone pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid,set aside. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, scatter the asparagus and shrimp over the tomatoes and give another spray of Pam and roast until the shrimp are curled and firm and the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove garlic from the pan, cover the roasting pan to keep contents warm. Let garlic cool and remove outer skin. Mash it into a paste with a fork.
- Stir the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, into garlic bowl and mix well. Stir into pasta. Stir in some reserved water until you acheive desired moisture to evenly coat the pasta.