Fruity Orzo Egg Muffins
These fruity egg muffins are terrific for a quick and tasty snack and contain only orzo, eggs, banana, blueberries and cinnamon. Bake in the oven and enjoy.
Categories: Vegetarian, Zone PastaRx, Breakfast, Snacks / Sides
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo (chopped small)
- 4 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 4 cups Egg Beaters (whites)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Blueberries
Serving Size 1 muffin
Total Fat 3 grams
Sodium 104 mg
Carbohydrates 10 grams
Fiber 1 gram
Sugar 4 grams
Protein 7 grams
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, grease muffin tin and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mash the bananas until smooth, stir in egg and Egg Beaters whites, cinnamon, cooked orzo and remaining olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Divide the berries evenly into the bottom of each of 20 muffin cups.
- Top with the egg and banana mixture until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through.