A fish lover’s delight for a nice light lunch or dinner.
- 2 Leeks - (white and light green parts), cut into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 cloves Garlic - sliced
- 1 cup Fennel bulb - 1 small bulb, quartered and sliced
- 1/3 cup Dry sherry
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 14 oz Skinless halibut fillet - cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb Mussels - scrubbed
- 1 cup Fresh parsley - flat-leaf, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Mixed olives
- 1 cup Giardiniera Salad, Pastene
- 4 Plums
Total Fat 10g
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the leeks, garlic, and fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sherry, tomatoes and their juices, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish and mussels and simmer gently until the fish is cooked through and the mussels have opened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve with the olives mixed with the Giardiniera Salad.
- Have a plum for dessert.