This caviar contains no fish eggs, and instead is a delicacy of pureed eggplant with minced scallions, garlic, lemon juice and savory vegetable flavorings.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 2 1/2 lbs Eggplants - same size
- 1/2 cup Scallions - minced
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil leaves
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- 2 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F (or grill).
- Cut eggplants in half length-wise and place on a baking sheet with their cut-sides facing down. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Remove the pulp from the skin and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients except olive oil and blend well.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for 1 hour.