Cilantro and ricotta are tasty additions in this veggie filled omelet.
- 1 cup Chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tsps Lime juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 clove Garlic
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1 cup Sliced zucchini - julienned
- 1 cup Sliced yellow squash - julienned
- 1/4 cup Onion - chopped
- 2/3 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 2 tbsps Water
- 2 cups Cauliflower pieces - cut small
- 3 tbsps Low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsps Guacamole - or plain avocado
Total Fat 7g
- Mix tomato with cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and garlic to taste in small bowl to make salsa topping. Set aside.
- Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sauté zucchini, yellow squash and onion, which has been cut to the size that you like.
- Remove about half of the veggies to the serving plate to be served beside the omelet.
- Pour Egg Beaters mixed with water over remaining veggies and cook until firm.
- Meanwhile steam cauliflower for 5-6 minutes.
- Mash the cauliflower using a hand-held stick blender to the desired consistency.
- Add low-fat ricotta cheese and mix well, then cook for a few minutes more over medium heat.
- Add avocado or guacamole to the cauliflower-ricotta mixture and continue to cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- When egg mixture is done, slide it off the skillet and onto a plate (do not fold like an omelet yet).
- Spread the avocado-ricotta-cauliflower-cream mixture across the cooked egg.
- Top with tomato salsa mixture.