1 serving of this delicious zucchini soup is equal to 1/3 of a complete Zone Meal.
- 1 quart Low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion - chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 lb Zucchini - sliced
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsps Chives
Total Fat 3g
- Place large sauté pan over medium high heat and heat olive oil.
- Add onions and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add garlic and zucchini and sauté until soft and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle in curry powder.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture until soft.
- Once mixture is cooked, remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor prepare 2 batches.
- Take one-half quart of buttermilk with one-half of the zucchini mixture and blend by pulsing the blades. Do not over blend; you could end up with a bowl of foam. Mixture should be a little chunky.
- Chill soup and serve garnished with chives.