Spicy shrimp recipe with chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. Needs to be refrigerated at least two hours.
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Chipotle chili in adobo sauce – minced (chipotle)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper - minced, seeds removed
- 1 cup Red onion - minced
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 3 cups Tomato - chopped
- 3 tbsps Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro - chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans. canned - rinsed/drained
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 7 oz Frozen shrimp - previously cooked, thawed
Total Fat 11g
- In a large bowl add in olive oil, chipotle, jalapeno, red onion and garlic. Whisk together.
- Add in tomato, lime juice, cilantro, and garbanzo beans. Toss gently to mix. Correct seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Divide into two equal portions.
- Serve with shrimp.