Barley makes a great ‘risotto’ and along with chicken and asparagus you’ll have quite a meal.
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped frozen onions
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Dry basil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt - or kosher
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, drained - chopped
- 2 3/4 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1 tsp Saffron - optional
- 5 oz Cooked chicken breast - cut into bite sized pieces (or 1C Perdue Shortcuts)
- 1/2 cup Cooked barley
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Canned asparagus - cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - drizzle
Total Fat 11g
- Spray olive-oil cooking spray in a non-stick skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, basil and salt and cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken stock, white wine and saffron and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium, add chicken and cooked barley and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for another two minutes or until heated through.
- Add Parmesan cheese and season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil.