This filling cheesy casserole will leave you satisfied and is great for kids since it sneaks in vegetables.
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Large yellow onion
- 2 lbs Zucchini
- 1 3/4 lbs Summer squash
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 3 tbsps Sour cream, nonfat
- 3/4 cup Low-fat Colby jack cheese - shredded, divided
- 1 cup Low-fat ricotta cheese - divided
- Cooking spray
- Cumin - to taste
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tbsps Water (veg. stock optional)
Total Fat 3g
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add diced mushrooms, garlic cloves, and onion. Sauté until tender. (Add a couple of tablespoons of water or vegetable stock if needed.)
- Cut both zucchini and summer squash into thin slices. Add to a pot with one tablespoon of water and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and add onion/mushroom mixture to the pot.
- In a separate bowl mix Egg Beaters with sour cream.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute half the squash mixture to bottom of pan.
- Add half of ricotta cheese, half of egg mixture, and half of shredded cheese.
- Layer the other half of the squash mixture on top and use the rest of the ricotta and egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove foil and add the rest of the shredded cheese. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and let broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese topping become crusty.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 1 serving contains 7gP/3gF/9gC