Lettuce is used as the wrap in this turkey burger recipe, giving it a fresher taste.
- 6 oz Ground turkey breast
- 1 Red bell pepper - chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup Onion - chopped, divided
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 6 leaves Lettuce - to make wrap
- 1 cup Spinach - chopped
- 1 slice Low-fat Swiss cheese - cut in half
- 3 tbsps Lite creamy ranch dressing, Marie's
- 1 1/3 cups Grapes
Total Fat 11g
- Mix ground turkey and one-quarter of the onion and bell pepper.
- Divide the mixture and form into 2 patties.
- Grill the patties until cooked.
- In a pan add olive oil and sauté the remaining bell pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Layer, staggered, 3 lettuce leaves for each “wrap.”
- In each “wrap” spread 1/2 cup spinach and add half of the cheese slice.
- Divide the sautéed vegetables and the broken up burger (chop each burger into a few pieces).
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing in each wrap.
- Have grapes for dessert.