Broiled Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese
The sensuous flavors and textures taste just as good served cold as warm.
- 10 cups Baby spinach - or mixed salad greens, or spring mix
- 2 cups Celery, thinly sliced - including any green tops
- 2 oz Low-fat blue cheese
- 3 tbsps Dried cranberries
- 8 Pecan halves - lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 Pears - 2 ripe, firm pears, washed, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (6 oz) Cooked skinless chicken breast fillets sliced to bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Walnut oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh orange juice - (from about 1 medium orange)
- 2 tbsps Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tangerines - peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup Blueberries - washed and drained
- 1/2 tsp Ginger root – grated, or bottled ginger puree
Total Fat 11g
- Layer salad ingredients in the order listed.
- Toss pears with lemon juice and arrange on salad.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small jar, cover, and shake.
- Slice pre-cooked chicken to bite-sized pieces and arrange over salad greens.
- Top with dressing, toss, and serve.
- Combine dessert ingredients and toss to coat.
- Divide between 4 serving cups.