This Broccoli and Chicken Casserole tastes like Spring, with a milk, mustard, yogurt and lime sauce – topped with Parmesan cheese, and served with a side strawberry salad.
- 6 cups Strawberries
- 6 Small Side Salad with Dressing
- 8 cups Broccoli (cut into one inch pieces)
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into one inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- 2 cups 1% Milk
- 3 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup Light mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 1/3 cup 0%-Fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon peel
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- First wash the strawberries and make the Small Side Salads with Dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam cut broccoli for 4 minutes; drain. Set aside in a 3-quart baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Add milk, stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Spoon chicken mixture over broccoli.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until mixture bubbles around edges.
- Serve with the salad and enjoy strawberries for dessert.