This recipe keeps well. Make 3 servings and keep them in the refrigerator so you can take it to go during the week.
- 1 lb Frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Frozen onions - finely chopped
- 1 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/4 cup 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Pesto - store bought
- Salt and pepper
- 5 oz Perdue Shortcuts - Roasted Original chicken breast - chopped
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 3 tbsps Capers
- 3 Oranges
Total Fat 11g
- Spray medium skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place frozen veggies in skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain thoroughly. In a large bowl whisk egg whites, milk, cottage cheese, olive oil, pesto, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and capers.
- Pour into clean skillet sprayed with olive oil spray; cover. Cook over medium heat until set on one side.
- Carefully turn over and allow eggs to finish cooking.
- Enjoy it with some oranges on the side.