Breakfast Rice Bowl
Pasta for breakfast? You bet. This is an easy-to-make and easy-to-take meal that can work anytime of the day.
Visit our Zone Pasta section to order Zone PastaRx Orzo.
Categories: Vegetarian, Zone PastaRx, Breakfast
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Polaner Sugar Free Preserves (flavor of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (and sprinkle some on top)
- 2 Tbsp 0%-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Strawberries (sliced or chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Almonds (slivered)
Total Fat 9g
- In a medium-size sauce pan combine Zone PastaRx Orzo, milk, water, preserves, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring for about 15 minutes or until thick.
- To serve, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon), stir in or top with remaining ingredients.
Serve hot or cold.