This recipe was created by a Zoner who wanted to prove to his friends how substantial a Zone breakfast can be.
- 1/4 cup Onion - Chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms - sliced
- 2 tsps Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters - Whites
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Dried basil
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
- 1 slice Low-fat Swiss cheese (21g)
- 1/3 cup Cooked steel cut oats - sprinkled with cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- Stevia - To taste
- 4 oz 1% milk
Total Fat 10g
- To make the omelet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add vinegar.
- Add some water to the skillet to aid in cooking.
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk Egg Beaters, garlic, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper.
- When the veggies are sautéed, turn the heat up to medium high and add the egg mixture.
- When almost firm, top with cheese and cook until firm.
- Warm the oatmeal (sprinkled with cinnamon) and berries in the microwave oven.
- Add a sprinkle of stevia if you want it sweeter.
- Have a small glass of milk.